• Maximum Working Pressure: 261 PSI
• Working Temperature: -20 to 80 °C
• Inlet: 1/4 (M) NPT
• Outlet: 1/4 (F) NPT
• Airflow SCFM Closing Point at 90 PSI*: 24 SCFM
• Length: 58 mm
• Reliable and tamperproof
• Maintenance free
• Easy to install
• Lightweight and compact
• Optimal airflow in normal open position
• Meet OSHA Regulation Standard 29CFR 1926.302 (Partial)
• Meet ISO Standard 4414-11 (126.96.36.199.1)***
• ATEX certified
It is essential that the compressed air used is clean and dry.
The inside diameter of the mounted air hose or pipe installed after the HOSEGUARD® safety valve must be equal or superior to the inside diameter of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve. Air hoses and pipes which are too small could impede successful closing of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve.
Long hoses or pneumatic tubes cause a flow restriction that could prevent the proper operation of HOSEGUARD® safety valves. As a general rule hoses with an internal diameter of 1/4 in shouldn’t be over 20 feet long, 3/8 in are limited to 50 feet and 1/2 In or larger should be within a 100 feet maximum length.
The rules above also apply to any mounted quick couplers and plugs, nipples, as these could negate the closing function of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve.
The inside diameter of the air hose or pipe installed before the HOSEGUARD® safety valve must be equal or superior to the inside diameter of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve.
If regulators or other components are mounted before the HOSEGUARD® safety valve, these components must have a higher flow than the HOSEGUARD® safety valve selected. Operation of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve should be thoroughly tested before first use and on a regular basis thereafter. To ensure the safe operation of the safety device simply simulate a hose breakage by replacing the tool with a ball valve. See the instruction manual for more information.
PROPER HOSEGUARD® SAFETY VALVE INSTALLATION
The HOSEGUARD® safety valve must be mounted between source of air supply and the flexible air hose
The HOSEGUARD® safety valve must be mounted at the end of a rigid feeding line
It is essential to ensure that the air is flowing in the correct direction (as per the arrows marked on the HOSEGUARD® safety valve), otherwise the safety valve will not be able to close successfully
The inside diameter of the mounted air hose or pipe installed before the HOSEGUARD® safety valve, must be equal or superior than the inside diameter of the HOSEGUARD® safety valve
FACTS TO KNOW:
• OSHA standard No.1926.302(b)(7) states that: “All flexible hoses exceeding 1/2 inch inside diameter shall have a safety device at the source of supply or branch line to reduce pressure in case of hose failure.” TOPRING anti-hose whip safety valves satisfy this standard.
• *** ISO 4414-11 (188.8.131.52.1): “When failure of a hose assembly or plastic piping constitutes whiplash hazard, it shall be restrained or shielded by suitable means and/or an air fuse for compressed air shall be mounted.”
• Data for closing point (+/- 10 %) and other PSI available
• The air system should be operated only after the HOSEGUARD® safety valve has been rigorously tested and secured
• Compressed air distribution systems for medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, dental, food and beverage industries