• Port Size: 1/2 (F) NPT
• Maximum Flow: 15 SCFM
• Bowl Capacity: 1.1 kg
• Filter Element Micron: 90
• Model: A
• Dimensions: A) 12.5 cm x B) 10.3 cm x C) 2.1 cm x D) 32.2 cm x E) 34.3 cm
• Pressure Range: 0 to 300 PSI
• Working Temperature: 0 to 82 °C
• Optimum Working Temperature: Below 38 °C
• Body and Flange Ring: Zinc
• Bowl: Aluminium
• Filter Element: Sintered Bronze
• Flow Tube: CPVC
• Seals: Ruber Nitrile
• Sight Glass: Glass and steel
• Convenient and cost-effective means of ensuring sensitive applications are never exposed to damaging moisture
• Drying efficiency down to -40 °C pressure dew point
• Intake flow design takes air through entire supply of desiccant air dryer for maximum drying capacity
• Highly visible color changes from blue to pink through sight glass highlights the need for service
• No external power sources required, needs no electrical connection
• No ''purged air loss'' as with regenerative dryers
• Easily and quickly serviced
• Built-in particulate after filter prevents downstream dust
• Low pressure drops
• Compact size for point-of-use applications
HOW IT WORKS
As wet compressed air flows through the silica gel desiccant beads, it adsorbs water vapor and aerosols. The silica gel desiccant beads are so effective, the air humidity can be reduced down to a -40 °C pressure dew point.
Unless compressed air is exposed to a temperature below the dew point, there will be no further condensation forming in airlines.
The dry air then passes through a sintered bronze element, up the center tube, and out the outlet port.
As long as the silica gel desiccant beads are maintained regularly, the desiccant air dryer will produce ultra-dry, moisture-free air.
When the blue silica gel desiccant beads in the sight glass change to pink, the beads need replacement.
1st stage: FILTRATION
The air first enters the particulate filter, which has a 5 micron element
In this stage, corrosive moisture, pipe scale, dirt and rust are removed from the air network
2nd stage: COALESCENCE FILTRATION
99.99 % of oil and aerosols are removed from the air
Fine filtration also takes place and microscopic particles down to 0.01 micron or 0.3 micron (depending on model) are removed
3rd stage: DEHYDRATION
As the air enters the desiccant air dryer, it is dispersed through a filter element which distributes air evenly through the silica gel desiccant beads
The silica gel desiccant beads adsorb water vapor from the air, producing a -40 °C pressure dew point
Upstream from the desiccant air dryer, always install a water separator or particulate filter to remove bulk moisture and a coalescing filter to remove oil.
Downstream from the desiccant air dryer, always install a regulator.
Silica gel Required: 54.695
• Spray painting
• Protecting air lines exposed to freezing temperatures
• Moisture sensitive tools
• Laboratory instruments
• Control air systems